Thursday, May 28, 2009

One Reason a Tent can be an UpGrade Over our Current Apt.

Sunday morning I had a dream. Members of my church were over at my house working with Billy. They were fixing everything that could possibly involve the use of water. Dishwasher, Washing Machine, ... the Washing Machine was packed down and heaped over with rancid clothing and I kept saying "how could this be?" ... Mainly because I have an apt with no dw no washer. There was also something about the showers and sink. I dunno.

So ... woke up ... went in bathroom ... ewww I hoped the shower curtain just needed to be replaced and the mold and mildew from the apt across the hall wasn't migrating.

Opened the apt door to take the dog out and I nearly gagged on the mildew in the main hallway. I spent the morning making sure that the front door stayed open.

Today I unpacked another box of clothing that didn't get unpacked when we moved in 7 months ago. The purpose of the exercise was to be to toss/give away more of Billy's old clothes. Well ... the lower 1/3 of the box had mildew in the box ... This is the second box of clothes we found in this condition.

Plus, any clothes hanging in the closet that haven't been washed in the last month or so were kind of stiff feeling from being lightly covered with the mildew -- you know just enough to make them smell musty. So, two more hrs at the laundry mat and another $15 later, we have removed all the mildew from the clothes that I could find. I hope.

There's no point in discussing this with the landlord. Trust me. The apt across the way is empty (for the second time in 5 months). I always know when he's about to show it. He shows up with bleach and paint the day before. He knows. (I always pray that the person doesn't rent it -- I've already watched 2 single mom's struggle with the situation.)

Three more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We moderate comments for our comfort and the comfort of our readers.