Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Friend and I did Tent Recon Today

Last night we put up our old tent to see if we would even get a few nights sleep in it. We quickly decided it would be a great way to start out challenged.

So, today, instead of doing laundry at the laundry mat, my friend and I took off for Danbury, CT. She knew exactly where she wanted to start: EMS aka Eastern Mountain Sports

I was impressed with the construction of the EMS Pallas 6 Tent. The construction design, the poles, the zippers, and the anchor strap design all match up with the large size of this tent. And the fact that it's currently on sale for $335 doesn't hurt!

So the tent is on reserve for the man to consider tomorrow afternoon.

Thennn the friend drug me over to the shoes and forced me to put some shoes on hold. They're her favorites. No. Wait. They're my favorites now. The pair I chose this trip is the MERRELL Women's Moab Ventilator Hiking Shoes

Huge thanks to Kevin and Walter! They made shopping very interesting and productive because they knew their products. More: they knew how to match our goals to invaluable information about camping in the area (and to more products but that's irrelevant).

So now ... about this packing avoidance issue .... hmmm ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We moderate comments for our comfort and the comfort of our readers.