Saturday, June 27, 2009

Power, Rain, and T-Storms :)

It has been fairly fun the last week.. as no surprise we have had rainy day after rainy day. Some rain was expected but for four weeks straight is a little excessive. But we only had to make some semi-moderate adjustments. We are not strangers to this.

We had a thunder storm come through the area a couple of times, but what amazes me is the comments from people out here camping that tells me "Oh, we are under trees so we are safe"... huh?! Then why do people that stand under trees that get hit with lighting die? Am I just missing something here?.... City folk need more education before attempting to camp, the saying may say ignorance is bliss but this is deadly!

Power, we now have power, enough to power a house and the noise level to go with it. Will have to look for a smaller generator that is quieter, there has to be one.

Ok, that is the short of my rant. Ya'll have fun :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    I met your hubby at Fahnestock this Sat morn as I attempted to find the bathroom but was headed the looong way around. He redirected me and told me about you all living in a tent and this blog. Just wanted to say hi and I wish you the best! Did you hear those kids on Sat morning? Wow, I think they started screaming at 6 am. Your right, if it's not the kids its the birds. Ahh, the joys of camping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I tend to say that Billy can get lost between the tent and the bathhouse. ... He's always lost in conversations! So, you are just confirming to me that he is never-changing.

    Billy also writes on the blog (this post in fact) His nickname is Mitch.

    I got a grand total of about 3 hrs sleep that night ... I was pleased that the kids started in so early ... perfect revenge on the parents who stayed up until 2am. The camp manager did issue a warning when he found out. And that did make me feel better.

    It's nice to have your company on our experiment. Feel free to drop more comments in. We will be returning to Fahnstock at some point in late July.

    Enjoy have fun,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! My husband always wonders the same thing---namely why did it take me so long to get from point A to point B. Well, there are lots of things to sidetrack you along the way.

    Happy belated birthday! I was away for the 4th but I hear it was pretty nice this weekend. Hopefully at least a little less rain.

    And so sorry to read about your dog. Why did you have to put her down?

    ReplyDelete

We moderate comments for our comfort and the comfort of our readers.